Topics

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Macrobiotics :)

A couple of years ago I went through a medical issue through which I was treated for 3 years. Of course as a medical student I know the effect of all the medicine and procedures where doing to my body. Because of this I decided to start looking into more methods to keep my body healthy. I started doing yoga and eating Macrobiotic food.
I didn't accept the taste of the brown rice at first, plus most of the food tasted bland to me.
Let me give you an idea of what I was used to. I grew up loving cooking and food. I was baking my own cakes when I was 7 years old. I kept experimenting and my passion grew with every dash of salt and teaspoon of vanilla. I am very good at doing what I love and I love to cook!
Don't get me wrong I didn't eat everything I cooked, I wasn't overweight but I didn't exercise as much as I should have.
Getting back to Macrobiotics, I was introducted to Michio Kushi and his amazing Macrobiotic books by my aunt Dr Nawal Al Alem who's an amazing dermatologist in Qatar. I wasn't very welcoming to start with but after reading "Natural Healing through Macrobiotics" by Michio Kushi I definitely changed my mind.
I went to a health shop, bought my healthy food supplies, started to fight by temptations to bulge on chocolates and sweets. Started doing yoga more too.

No comments: